I was checking my blog when I saw the link to complete profile, as I went on to check it stated: Zodiac Year: Dog.

I searched on it and came to know its a part of Chinese Astronomy. Though I am firm believer of Indian culture which I think is superior to the Chinese (what ever china has, we had earlier and wasn't it the Chinese travelers who came visiting us to learn?) but one can't ignore the fact that while our culture went on to peace and simplicity of life, Chinese went for war and other things (this 'peace in India culture' also something about I would be writing shortly).

So I checked on the wikipedia and I found the following about my year, the year of the Dog.

"The eleventh animal who arrived was the watchful Dog."

Attributes

Like his animal namesake, he is Loyal with a capital "L". He is the one who people are most likely to turn to when they need help. The dog person will come through every time. That is because he/she is sensitive to others and empathizes with them, particularly if someone has suffered an injustice; he/she reacts quickly with the same feeling as though he/she had been personally offended. Friends know that they can rely upon their Dog friend to keep a promise or remain cool in a crisis.

Dog types are honest, intelligent and straightforward. They will take on any responsibility that is given to them and you can be sure that they will do their job well.

People born in this year tend to be difficult, upset and shocked more often than the other signs.

Dog types do not tolerate weakness. They will work to push the weakness or the whole person with weakness out of their lives (the pack) if the behavior continues.

The dog is loyal, unselfish, and idealistic. They can sometimes be worriers and overly critical. Dogs go best with tigers and horses. Their friends are other dogs and also rabbits. Dogs get along worst with Dragons, whom they perceive as arrogant and all flash with no substance.

Dogs ideal jobs: politician, actor/actress, teacher, writer, movie director


Traditional Dog attributes/associations

Attribute
Zodiac Location 11th
Ruling hours 7pm-9pm
Direction West Northwest eastwest
Season and month Autumn, October
Gemstone Diamond
Color Navy blue
Roughly equivalent western sign Libra
Polarity Yang
Positive Traits Loyal, modest, dependable, generous, patient, intelligent, honest, well-meaning
Negative Traits Nervous, quick-temper, restless, self-righteous, pessimistic, critcal, petty, accusing


Most Compatability Horse, Tiger, Pig
Semi-Compatability Rat, Ox, Rabbit, Snake, Rooster, Dog
Incompatability Dragon, Monkey, Goat


So having read this I sure agree to the positive traits :D, but pessimistic , nahhh thats not me, atleast most of the times. And other thing is that I am just too plain moody. But in all I like what I read, perhaps you would want to try out you year try this link : http://www.gotohoroscope.com/chinese-astrology.html