Well growth they say is good but too much growth can be bad and thats what I came to know about cancer. I was reading the book - "Its not about the bike" by Lance Armstrong, the seven time Tour De France champ who achieved this despite having cancer. Luckily for me I met Dr Gurpreet, a young guy in his twenty's. A recent PhD in chemistry (Pharmacy) he has made a drug against cancer though he claims that its in the very early stages of development, but its one the first of its kind. Its very proud to know that an Indian has done this. As I talked to him, I came to know that cancer was actually because of access growth of cells. Instead of dying out, they just grow on and on causing problem. This was very contrary to my thoughts in which I had presummed that cancer was caused due to the cell malfunction. But then chemistry was never my strength.
So how to detect cancer? well I didn't get to ask much as we both were in a hurry but what he told me was that its simple growth of body. So was swelling a cause? Hmmm.... very intersting I would say. And I think that I need to study more about it.