Yesterday when I was on my way back home, I saw a woman lieing on the road, at a distance a bike and few meters ahead another bike, It was an accident. I stopped my bike on the left side and went straight to help the lady and then I saw another guy on the opposite side. In a few seconds time some other bikers also came to assist. Fortunatly there was no fatal injuries to both of them. I was glad to see so many people coming to assist. After being sure that things were under control I went to my bike. It was then that two guys came and ask that were the victims my friends or family member(s). When I asked why they said that, they said that I looked too concern. This is something that people have asked me before and in one incident people though that I was the one who had caused the accident which by the was scary with the mob all around.

After the small talk I kick started my bike and went on, wondering why is that when an animal dies no one bothers but when a human crashes, people just come running for help. Why such a huge difference? Is it that people can't see/feel the pain of the animals or is it that they feel that it counts for no appreciation or is it something else. Why is that a human cry is more heard than an animal cry?

I have been unfortunate to see two accidents in which two pups were run over. In both the cases I wanted to help but couldn't in time save. I know one of the fellows in one accident from above mentioned events. The guy was laughing while saying that the rider of whom he was pillion didn't have option. The other pup had actually come to see one more pup which was there and was run over. And these guys ran over the other. Do we feel no pain for them? And for those who do, why don't we do anything about it? Is our ability to feel things limited? I guess we as humans have not risen to the level we so hypothetically say we have, because at the end of the day we are doing what benifits us. Perhaps an elephant is a better social animal than we humans, humans who continue to live with the knowledge of our superior brain but forget that its least used for some noble cause.