Confusion - its a word that people commonly use every now and then. Sometimes we are confused where to go out to, sometimes which ice cream flavour to try out... the list is too long. This confusion though is harmless but it can be a dangerous habit. Confusion I would say is a killer. Something which I realised a bit late but none the less I did. So how is it dangerous? Well here are a few situations from my life:




I was in 6th standard when a classmate of mine who was a Takewando (One Dan) champ got into fight with a senior. The opponent in this fight was older and needless to say stronger physically. The senior had the first shot but as my friend was a trained fighter, his reflexes quickly kicked in and he retailed with a kicks and punches. Both guys were using a mix of offensive and defensive stances. But shortly into the fight I saw that my friend was a bit paused ,just defending himself and in the process got a few good punches. After getting good beating he fought back with a set of kicks, but all at one position, a bit too obvious for the opponent. So that guy moved accordingly and punched my friend back, but the kicks had done the damage, the set of punches from the opponent were light. Quickly my friend punched him here and there and soon that guys was down.
We were anticipating this but then the few punches he got in middle of the fight, had all us friends in doubt. So I went to him after the fight and asked him that why was he like paused in the middle of the fight, totally defensive and he replied back "I was confused, I didn't know what would be the best - kicking in the head so that I could.....or .... or...."

Well there you see, a moments pause got him a good deal of punches although he fought back but what he did was use the last damn trick that had come to his mind. Had he kept deciding, I am sure it was him who was gonna hit the ground.

Another life experience of mine: - I was coming back from college and few hundred meters before a roundabout ahead, I decided that I would take that turn on which there would be less traffic as both routes were equidistant to my home. As I reached the round-about I started thinking which turn to take. This slowed down my riding ability as I was more keen on deciding which turn to take. Within the span of few seconds I had changed my mind more than 5-6 times for which route to take and situation came to the point that I was almost gonna have an accident. I was not only confusing myself but others also. That was one of the two tries I ever had in my life regarding the better of the two routes and never again.

From these two live experiences of my life I want to say that don't think to a level that confuses you too much. Confusion will only waste time and get you no where. Had I been thinking while taking that turn any longer, I am sure I would have been involved in accident. So what should one do? Well when I get too confused and all options seem equal to me I just pick one of them and go with it. I mean whats the harm, anyways its not gonna be as bad as not deciding.


As the new CBZ Extreme advertisement says: "Thinking is such a waste of time". But be aware this is true only for those who know what they want. And you are confused because you don't know what you want. Never mix a wise thinking with confusion.
(Thinking means analysing - confusion means not knowing what to choose. If you still don't see the difference - then you are confused!)

Moral of the story: If you get confused, then go for anyone option and stick to it. Whatever happens would not be as bad as being confused.