GPOneGp1 Vs Vega.Vega

Ask any biker today - which is the best helmet and you would hear one common answer - GPOne. Its for the real bikers, its good, its stylis, its ...... and all blah blah blah....But the question is it really that safe?
I happen to talk to a renowned doctor(orthopedic) back in Chandigarh when I bought my GPOne some 3 years back. When I first time showed it to him, he was like wow but later when he held it in his hand he immediately said - its too heavy. I said so what, at least it will protect my head. His immediate question was "What about you neck?". This question made me wonder about the helmet. According to him a good helmet like Vega or Studs is good enough to save you in case of almost any accident. Because the shell is certified, but with such a heavy helmet - if your neck muscles are not strong one is in danger of putting his/her at far worse risk. And i know that skull is far stronger than neck.
So the question is that if you are involved in such a bad crash that GPOne takes care of your head, then will your neck survive in such a crash? Well I don't know myself but according to him-a light Vega is better. And I agree with an expert rather than Non-medic bikers. Also the fact - the GPOne made here in India and the ones exported are two different things. According to the people in the company - the helmets sent abroad have better inner casing and better visor.
I am no expert but i tend to believe one. The doctor I talked with was no ordinary doctor but a very renowned one. So I am trusting Vega for now.