One Five

Screaming Ahead

25Th Oct 2008: A blue beast stood wrapped in plastic, waiting for its rider when I walked in looking for the the king chetah among the chetahs, it looked at me and I looked back. Taking my time I looked at it and inspected it as it stood in shadows. I looked around, there were others too, but this one was the one. I smiled and took of the wrappers. It had to be this one.

I took the delivery of the bike on 26th as Iron should not be brought home according the HinduCulture. As the bike was being cleaned before delivery, I gave dad the keys of the bike and asked him to take it out :)

The run-in was a lengthy thing for me, I had already done run-in of two bikes in less than a year’s time and doing it for the third was making me impatient. But it had to be done. I kept the bike as a surprise to all, waiting for the 1,000KM run in clock to get over and what could be better than a ghat (twisties) section just after that. First time I opened the throttle to 7,000 RPMs as the tiny engine roared to life. The balance perfect, the brakes as of a chetah, this light bike made its way up, ahead of others. But the real performance test is yet to come, as Chinmay waits on his Pulsar 220 to see if this Chetah is faster than his panther. Only time will tell.