4 Days of BN Meet

4 Days of freedom

4 Days of life worth remembering

486KM ride one way.

Dandeli, BN annual meet 2008 was one event to remember. 480 KMs of one day ride :)

Dandeli was place for BN Annual meet. Riders from different parts of the country would meet at this place. Dandeli is a natural habitat for wildlife, its more of a jungle you can say. Located in Karnatka, this place is more like an isolated place with very few tourist.

Pune - Dandeli Route

Pune - Dandeli Route

Day 01: The ride day

We were supposed to meet atChandani Chowk at 05:30 AM and leave at 6:00 AM, but I couldn’t sleep properly whole night, anxiety I suppose. Finally I woke up at 04:00 AM, it was too early so I had corn flakes and slept again only to wake up at 5:00AM. I didn’t want to disturb my roommate so I quietly did all I could.

Finally I left at 05:30 AM and reached Chandani Chowk at 05:55AM only to find myself alone. I called up Chinamay to ask where he was only to know that all had assembled at a tapri and I was the second last person to reach , Abhishek Haldar (jolu warrior) was last. We left at 06:10 AM.

I knew that I was going to be slow so I took the responsibility to follow along with Sayan, a guy I could trust.

Soon chinmay and Somnath started ripping and were way ahead, jayraman was slow on his Pulsar 180 so was Harshad as his bike was new and had not completed its run in which meant that me and Sayan had to ride at same speeds as well.

Since me and Sayan dragging behind stopped couple of times to take pics. We stopped 3 times for the pics which left us way behind. We were some 30mins behind Harshad. We stopped next to a bridge to take some pics. The scenery around us was very good and Sayan as usual was on to getting his pics clicked. I spotted few sea eagles but unfortunatly I didn’t have cam and sayan’s cam didn’t have the essential zoom :(

We reached Dandeli around 6:30PM,  way late than we had expected. The banglore guys Gautam and Gaurav were already there.  The guys from Hyderabad had not come. The guys were slow due to bad roads and they managed to reach only around 12:30 to the destination.

Day 2: Synthery rocks, croc trek and bonfire

The second day everyone woke up at ease. I think I woke up at around 7:00-8:00. I don’t remember. Abhishek (Jolu warrior) who slept late at 12:30 was awake early while Chinmaya and Sayan who had slept early were still sleeping. After having breakfast I was getting ready for the ride only to know later that we were being given 4×4 to travel. Sayan was quick to get in and have him clicked. He got very good snaps of him. Soon everyone there got on the 4×4 to get himself clicked.  There were two jeeps for us. The drive was fun,  I was on the back of the jeep with Amod. The drive was downhill and the jeep behind us had some heavy weights. The driver of that vehicle had to brake many a times to slow down the momentum :)

[Add pic of sythery rocks here]