BN 2007 Annual meet.
Bikenomads southern India was meeting up at Hampi as part of the annual ride. Though I wanted to be a part of this but time was a constraint. I had taken too many off this year and my boss wasn't keen on letting me go on more unless it was very necessary. So for me the ride was just to see off the guys to Satara and then join them two days from then on their way back.

I had my bro's zma (HH Karizma) for the ride - friday (23rd Nov 2007) and people were to meet at CC - Chandani Chowk (Pune, India) by 6:30 and I was still at home and it was 6:15 and add to that there wasn't much fuel in the bike. I started off fast.. needed to refuel.. refuelled it but what the hell I had just 200 bucks (petrol Rs 50 a liter). It sure wasn't enough for Satara and I was already 30 KM + from CC. I was riding as hell that day - not to mention it was fun. When I reached CC, no one was there. I called up bro and he told me that were regrouping at a secondry alternate which thankfully was on the outskirts of the city and not farther. I reaached there on time, just before they were to set off.





Pic Taken after the start.. only few left for the pic


It was good to meet all of them that day, Praveen Sathaye too had to call off.. he had an interview. All of us set off with Capt Chitnis on his 220 and Nav had come on his bullet. Rest on their zma, unicorn etc. I rode along with the group 50KM short of Satara. I was getting late for the office and had to turn back..


On my way back.


On the following saturday, I got a call from Praveen Sathaye, asking me if I wanted to join him for a ride half way through to Hampi and then come back with the group. I was busy on Sunday and I told him I would join them from Katraj. I reached katraj and called up Bro and Praveen.. they were a 100KM from Satara. So instead of waiting I decided to go to Satara. Reached there and kept waiting and waiting and waiting... I got a call from Praveen that they were just 10KM from where I was but there was no sign of them. I was just wearing my mesh mix jacket and it was cold so I thought I would jump in the car and let bro ride the bike. I was looking at the road when I heard the dog horn. Doc Arnob has it.. and then suddenly some 10-11 bikes zoomed passed and a 220 stopped next to me. It was Arpan. I told him I would come on car and Vibhu (bro) would catch up with them. I called bro then and he said he was 30 KM from the place.. that was a hell too far and I was not waiting any more, so I told him that I am continuing on the bike.

With zma I had got into the feeling that catching any one while riding this bike is easy, but these guys were no where to be found. This was getting interesting. I caught up with them and continuing with them was an experience. Prasad was riding Doc's bike, Doc Captain's, Capt was with bro, Harshad was riding prasad's bike. And all of us were doing 80+ on a high traffic road.
Prasad was using the Doc's bike's special horn, lights and what all to make the road clear for us and the rest kept zooming. It was a great feeling.. people were staring out of the window to see what the hell these bikers were upto.. It was dark and risky but still these bikers were pushing .. at one point we would be slow due to the traffic at around 75-80 and then with in seconds we would be 120KMPH plus. This was getting better by the minute. The guys wanted to take a break, they were riding since long. We took a break at "Joshi wada wala" where al regrouped, including bro, bhabi, Mrs and Mr Chitnis.

The bombay guys were in a hurry so we let them off. We few pune guys started together... the road had become broader and traffic suddenly felt less. On the way back throught the katraj tunnel I accelerated the bike to full throttle, I was not maintaining any group now.. As I looked down I saw the needle at 142KMPH and that was like wow. Though I realised that this must not be the true speed but then I sure knew I was fast.

We dropped Chitnis to his place and me, bro and bhabi came back. It was 12:00 already and I was hoping that we would be back by 8:00. It was another leason, then when you go out in a group always be ready to be late. In all it was a fun ride and I was now feeling that I needed a bigger bike.