Chak de India - the new movie about Indian women hockey team staring Shah Rukh Khan. The day I saw the poster I thought to myself - "so finally they made a copy of Miracle". It was obvious as most of the times in India a movie which is something different, has its idea based on some foreign movie.Miracle is a movie based on the 1980 Olympics starring Kurt Russell who plays the role of the team coach on whom the story of the movie revolves. The movie is worth a watch. And I was very sure that chak de would be based on that.


Herb Brooks at tonight show

So this sunday, I went for the movie with mom. As the movie started, there was some text on the screen saying the usual "any person or event in this movie is purely coincidental .... blah blah blah" and 2 mins into the movie I was already saying to my self this would happen and that. In short this movie was based on Miracle. With ofcourse director trying out something new. But theme in the end was same. I always believe if you are copying - then more than half your work is done.

But the director did keep it in mind that the movie was based on Indian women and the actors were well chosen for the job. Actors were from different region and much of their style and attitude did seem to be like from the region. Shah Rukh Khan acted good and so did most of the cast. Shots were well taken and as I know it - it was with help of foreign experts that these shots were taken.

The gals in the movie are not the usual hot figure women who don't fit the role. Most of them look very original. Thankfully the stress was more on originality than item numbers and legs. Practice shots in the movie are good although not too much stress is given and in the length of the film its not required too. Ending is good also, with suspense able to grip a lotta people.


In all a good movie and worth a watch. If you haven't seen miracle then I recommend that too. The song at the end - "Dream On" is worth listening too.